If you ask me what the most important meal of the day is – I’m going to tell you breakfast. No matter how much you hate eating in the mornings, waking up early, or breakfast food in general, you still need to eat! So many people don’t realize that skipping breakfast actually makes you gain weight instead of losing it. Feed yourself something that will boost your metabolism & energize you all day long! With this goal in mind, I came up with this tasty smoothie that will kick your morning metabolism into gear! Plus, since all you need is a blender, even the sleepiest of morning zombies can’t mess this recipe up 😉
- 1/2 grapefruit, skin removed
- 1 banana (preferably ripened & frozen)
- 1 stalk celery, cut into pieces
- 2 tsp. instant coffee
- 2 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 c. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 packet perfect fit protein (optional)
- 4 ice cubes
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- stevia or honey to taste
MAKES 1 large smoothie or 2 small ones
Click to view nutrition facts (protein powder & sweeteners not included)
Blend together all the ingredients & you’re done! I sprinkle the cinnamon on top, but you can also blend it along with everything else. If you’re not adding protein powder, I would recommend adding stevia or honey to sweeten it up.
Here’s why this smoothie is a lean, clean, metabolism-burning machine:
- Grapefruit is a weightloss wonder! Not only does it taste great, but it is full of fat-burning enzymes to keep you lean
- The caffeine from the instant coffee will wake you and your metabolism up in the morning! Caffeine from green tea is often used as a diet aid because of its calorie-burning powers
- Celery is packed with health benefits even though it’s low in calories! It alkalizes the body and aids in digestion
- Cinnamon has been shown to reduce the amount of fat absorbed by the body and decrease appetite!
- Perfect Fit Protein is an optional additive for people doing intense workouts who need to nourish their muscles with extra protein (it’s especially a good idea for vegans & vegetarians who may not get enough protein in their diets)
- Chocolate, because it’s chocolate 🙂
I’ve never really been into the idea of protein powder because I always associated it with lots of unnatural chemicals that were being used to bulk up the body. However, perfect fit is made with USDA organic brown rice protein & stevia. There’s nothing unnatural about it and it tastes pretty darn good as far as protein powders go. Protein is so important because it doesn’t just aid in muscle repair, but lean protein has been shown to help with weight loss – so don’t shy away from it!
Try out this metabolism booster for yourself & let me know what you think! Thanks for visiting & be sure to subscribe for more healthy lifestyle tips if you haven’t already!